McMurdo Smartfind S20 AIS SRS Beacon
The revolutionary new McMurdo Smartfind S20 AIS SRS (Survivor Recovery System) is a personal AIS (Automatic Identification System) device to assist in survivor recovery. It is lightweight and compact, designed for and intended to be carried by all crew members.
- Provides accurate position information to assist fast recovery of individuals in difficulty at sea
- Transmits GPS target tracking information over AIS
- Compatible with plotters and onboard navigation systems to assist fast location and retrieval
- Small and lightweight for mounting on lifejacket
- Special TX ID transmitted every minute
- LED flashing indicator
- Minimum 24 hour continuous operation
- 7 year battery life
The McMurdo Smartfind S20 AIS SRS (Survival Recovery System) is compatible with existing AIS enabled chart plotters and onboard navigation system - providing a reliable and cost effective solution for crew safety. It has been specifically designed as a personal AIS search and rescue locating device to quickly and efficiently locate and retrieve a missing crew member.
The McMurdo Smartfind S20 AIS SRS transmits target survivor information, including GPS position information and a serialised identity number back to the onboard plotter. An inbuilt high precision GPS receiver provides accurate position information to assist in quick recovery of survivors.
The McMurdo Smartfind S20 AIS SRS will transmit continuously for a minimum of 24 hours and has a 7 year battery storage life. It also features a flashing LED indicator light to aid detection at night and a self test facility with battery use indication.
Carrying a McMurdo Smartfind S20 AIS SRS is a must for every safety-conscious sailor. Using this simple to operate, yet state-of-the-art new device ensures the ultimate survivor recovery.
How McMurdo Smartfind S20 AIS SRS works
- McMurdo Smartfind S20 AIS SRS is activated manually in an emergency situation
- An alert message is transmitted to all AIS receivers and AIS enabled chart plotters† within a 4 mile radius (typical)
- An AIS SART emergency alert icon (pictured below, click for a larger image) signals the requirement for urgent help
- Precise target survivor information including GPS position becomes viewable when the chart plotter† cursor is positioned over the icon
- Provides exact location, distance and bearing to locate person(s) in need of assistance.
Installation and Activation
The McMurdo Smartfind S20 AIS SRS is designed to be used mounted on a lifejacket using the clips provided, prior to going to sea. When it is installed in the lifejacket the orange safety tab is released, which ‘arms’ the S20 ready for use. To use, first inflate the lifejacket.
When it is inflated, pull the orange tab downwards to pull the red cap off the S20. This will deploy the antenna and automatically switch ON the McMurdo Smartfind S20 AIS SRS.
Whats in the box..